So, this site finally looks how i want it (albeit with no content yet). After reading in many places and a bit of experimentation, i realised the default wordpress theme is a hard-to-edit pos. So i found this one that looked nice and simple and plain and figured it would be easier. Well, it was easier to get my own banner on, but the php was rather suspect in places, and plain didn’t work in others. So i made some changes which shouldn’t have fixed it, but did. Idi, the Overlord of All Things Geek looked at it with me,  and together we have concluded that we’ve no idea why it works (it being the comments system). But it works. So, erm, yay, i guess. Content will be added forthwith.